Monday 22 April 2013

Introduction

While I already have a personal blog, I decided to make a new one to dedicated wholly to literature and writing. I will review books I've read on this blog, talk about literature and writing and perhaps I'll even publish essays I have written for school. 

A small introduction might be useful.
I am Carry, born in 1991. Ever since reading the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling I have fallen in love with books and words. I try to read a lot of different things, though Fantasy is my favourite genre. This passion for words and books has helped me pick my education: right now I am studying Dutch and English Linguistics and Literature at the University of Antwerp (Belgium). 
Besides reading, I also write. I have written a lot of (incomplete) fanfiction until a couple of months ago a friend and I decided to write something together. It started as fanfiction but the idea turned out to be quite interesting that we decided to turn it into an original story and if it is good enough we will publish it as an e-book, though that will take a while since we are both very busy. 
I co-own a horse with my boyfriend and I have a great love for music. I listen mostly to metal, though my favourite band, The Rasmus, is a poprock band. I try to be open to new experiences and ideas, though it is not always easy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments. if they are not too personal, I will try to answer them!









No comments:

Post a Comment